I don’t know why I have been craving pumpkin bread lately but I have. Some things are better unargued and simply embraced. So when this morning was surprisingly cool at the homeplace, I decided YOLO. Why not. Why not make paleo pumpkin bread (and get rid of that last can of organic pumpkin puree gracing my shelf)? And now you know the real reason I wanted to make pumpkin bread is out and in the open.
No matter, it had to be done – Autumn will be here before you know it and I’ll be really really craving pumpkin bread… to go along with my pumpkin spice rooibos tea. And pumpkin orange scarf. While carving pumpkins. AND back to summer. Okay. I’m going to get my summer on – I hope you all enjoy this deliciousness!
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree – either fresh or canned, organic
- 5 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup Raw Honey
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub coconut oil (not included in the 2 tbsp) or spray coconut oil cooking spray (from Trader Joe’s) on a metal loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat wet ingredients together until well blended using either a mixer or a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet and stir until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, test for doneness with a toothpick, which should come out of the middle clean.
- Remove from pan when slightly cooled and place on cooling rack.
- Enjoy with organic sweet cream butter. And go back for another slice.