Finally! I think I found a format that I
like… err… love! What do you think? 🙂 I have some more work to do on it so please excuse the messiness but it’s a bit more convenient than it was before and the features are SO much better! Hooray for a print function! And a “Serves” and “Time” function!
Okay. Enough with that. Let’s get down to the good stuff. I haven’t been creating new recipes much lately – I’ve been busy training for a few races and went to the beach with my family. Where we did this:
And I did this:
And my dad and I went kayaking for an afternoon:
And we caught this guy (he was delicious by the way):
So you could say that cooking hasn’t been high on my priority list… unless it’s steaming crab. In which case, that’s first on my priority list. I have been making, however, a delicious egg scramble in the morning. It’s not very complex (as in my 10 year old sister does stuff like this all the time) and isn’t all that original but the bouquet of aromas and the colors just make me happy… especially when it’s summer and the tomatoes are amazing and sweet and so bountiful. Also, it only takes 5 minutes to make, especially if you saute your garlic and onions at the beginning of the week and cook your bacon once a week, too. So here you go.
Simple Egg Scramble
- 2 organic, free-range eggs, beaten
- ¼ onion, diced,
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 strips, organic, nitrate-free and gluten-free bacon, sliced
- 1 ½ cups organic baby spinach
- 1 organic roma tomato, seeded and diced
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon in a skillet and remove once cooked. Keep grease in the pan.
- Saute the onions in the bacon grease until translucent, add garlic and continue to saute for a few minutes.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook until wilted.
- Add eggs and fold until eggs are cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.