I’ve been jonesing for this stuff for the past few months and somehow managed to fight the urge to buy zucchini out of season. Not sure how I managed it, but I did. Now that my garden is going crazy, here’s a nice little zucchini recipe for y’all.
I served mine up with some clean BBQ sauce that’s made locally here in Portland. They’re delicious just by themselves but this sauce. It’s an addiction.
One little note before I give you the recipe: use Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal. Usually, if you’re baking, I’m an advocate for not-Bob’s but this time around, you need the larger “grain” to mimic Panko breadcrumbs. Just trust me on this one. 🙂
Breaded Fried Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-3/8" medallions
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal
- 2 large, organic and pasture-raised eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Test out a bit of egg to see if the skillet is done – you want it to start spattering immediately.
- You’ll need a bowl and a plate – one for the egg and one for the almond meal. Beat the egg in the bowl until it’s well blended.
- On the plate, combine the almond meal, salt and pepper and sift with a fork until incorporated.
- Dip the zucchini in egg, then in the almond meal and once again in the egg and place in the frying pan. Repeat until the pan is full with a single layer of zucchini.
- Cook until the egg is done and golden brown. Remove from pan and put aside. Repeat until all zucchini has been cooked.